Sunday, September 18, 2016

Dear Henry, XC

Dear Henry,

You just completed your first Cross Country (XC) meet.


When we (your family) pulled up to the meet, I hid behind your sisters and my camera and sunglasses. I KNOW = SO EMBARRASSING.

Then my Eyes burst into tears! My Brain and Heart were all like, "What is wrong with you????" but my Eyes kept spewing.



Then my Heart started racing, and my Eyes and Brain were all like, "Dude, for real?"



Then my Brain started calculating distance and times and elevation and traffic and nutrition and digestion and my Eyes and Heart were all like, "Not important, MOM. That's what Henry and the coaches DO, like for their JOBS."




So I was a mess.
And you were amazing.
And I hope you get to do races like that which bring you joy and challenge all in a messy bundle and remind you what it feels like to be ALIVE.


Choose life, buddy.
Run hard.
You got this.
Even off the trail and track.

We love you, Boo,
Mom

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Now my eyes are all misty...