Monday, November 26, 2018

Plastic Project 2 of 5: Involving Reconciler

Here is the second essay Elijah wrote about us working together to get plastic off the street and turn it into something usable!

Consideration of Reconciliation (Week 2)

Greetings readers! I’m Elijah and for my English class this year, I’m creating an 20% project based on an idea from Google Corporation's practice of offering their employees 20% of their work time to work on a project which started in 2012. Every Friday, I get to work on a project of my choice.



There is no such thing as 'away'. When we throw anything away it must go somewhere.” - Annie Leonard

For my project this semester, my mentor and I will be helping a pastor's wife (Mrs. Mollie) at Church of Reconciler in downtown Birmingham. Mrs. Mollie started a homemade recycle system that shreds and melts plastic, so we will be able to mold and shape different thing to sell or give. A lot of homeless women mostly live by the church. And the reason behind this project is to better this community, and to give those homeless women another chance by giving them a job.

In the picture in the last blog post I was cutting a pipe with a hand grinder to attach it to the motor
to be able to run the shredder shown here..


(From iMollie: This is 2 of 5 installments...)

No comments: