Monday, November 26, 2018

Plastic Project 3 of 5: S.U.P.?

This is Elijah's third installment for his English project. You can read the first one here and the second one here.


Meeting Mollie: What S.U.P?



When I met Mrs. Mollie the first thing she did was gave me a hug & A cup of hot chocolate in a styrofoam cup.
She showed me her binder full of ideas & images of a
larger scale model of what she wanted to accomplish.
(Image is Mrs. Mollie’s Drawing her concept)

What is S.U.P?

Mollie explained that S.U.P stands for Single Use Plastic. Single-use plastics, or disposable plastics, are used only once before they are thrown away or recycled. Examples include things such as milk cartons, water bottles, spoons, straws, egg cartons, this is just a short list but the list goes on.

               

When Mollie asked me what i was going to do with the styrofoam cup that held the hot chocolate & I said i was going to throw it away. Then she told me that styrofoam was usually a type 6 plastic.  

What I learned from Mollie is that i don’t normally think about this type of thing and i made a connection  with the breakfast bowls in the lunchroom. And how we just throw them away.
Why do we just throw them away ?
How does that make you feel ?



(From iMollie: This is 3 of 5...)

No comments: