Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ready for Big School

Yesterday, we registered Henry for kindergarten this fall. 
I did not even cry.

Before we got to the school, I was filling out all the forms and Henry sat down to watch. He asked what I was doing and I said, "Ooooo I'm writing your name over and over and our new address and getting you all ready for big school!" (trying to get him excited, you know).

He said, "I can do that." He got pen and paper and wrote his forms while I filled in mine.

He asked again about what I was writing and I said, "Emergency contact numbers and allergies...and this is a great way to learn our new phone number and your social security number..."

He was all, "I know."

I got done and put them in a folder and he handed me his sheet and said he was done too. I took it and oooh-ed and aaaah-ed at the fine writing. I told him he was so big going to kindergarten. I said I was so proud and excited for him.

He looked at me and said, "Mooooooom, you're holding it upside down."



4 comments:

Babs said...

What confidence! Go Henry.

leta joy said...

Like, duh.

Jesika Ellis said...

A handsome haircut, confidence and unique penmanship ... Henry is going to be a superstar.

aunt merpha said...

wow - that is so great!
Happy bday again...can't wait to see you tomorrow!!