Monday, July 20, 2009

Princess Ballerina Camp 2009!



Svea was fortunate enough to attend Princess Ballerina Camp this summer, which was taught by our cousin Kelly.

This was one of the first times I have gotten to see Svea grab onto something and proudly hold it up for all to see. Her excitement and confidence was contagious - even Henry was clapping and smiling and so happy for her. I never imagined this moment to be one full of pink tulle and ballet slippers, but we are all singing"catch a falling star and put it in your pocket," learning the dance moves from our little girl.



I've said before that Henry has gotten to where he asks me, "Are those the happy kind of tears or sad kind?" Usually it is me he sees all weepy, but now he asks it about babies and other children he sees having a "moment."
I cried everyday that I dropped Svea off at Camp.
Those were happy tears, very happy tears.



My favorite part of the final performance was when Kelly pulled out a beanie baby shark and threw it in the middle of the floor. All the girls got a turn to run and grande jete (like a big leap) OVER the shark. Almost every girl got it, but my girl ran and stomped right on that shark.


Take THAT you toothy bean bag, ballet style.
I was so proud.

3 comments:

leta joy said...

Awesome. Love her.

Rachel said...

That is fantastic! I love it :)

Jesika Ellis said...

Svea: Princess ballerina. Shark stomper. We love it!