Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25: Aum

Aunt Amber gave me this pendant at Christmas:


It's the Tibetan symbol for the primordial sound, the inner vibration, the ultimate connection point: Om. Most accurately pronounced, "Aum."

(How weirded out are you now?)

So I wore it and got so many compliments.
I did not recite the above sentences, and just said, "THANK YOU. My sister-in-law gave it to me." I'm not sure Alabaster is ready for vibration-energy talk yet?

I loved wearing it all day. It has a weight to it, which is different - and significant - to me. And when I would reach for things or move around as needed, the pendant would shift. It has a slight concave option on the back and it would plant itself like a stethoscope, listening to my heart.
It was a beautiful way to remind me to slooooooooooow down. Listen to my heart. Aum.

Thank you, Amber!

1 comment:

aunt amber said...

AAAUMMMM...love you