Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kid Quotes

Recent quotes from Svea:

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Mooooom, Sugar just bit my bangs!"

"Why?"

"Mooooom, can you come in my room and pick up this marker top I dropped?" (two inches from her foot)

"Why?"

"Why?"



Recent quotes from Henry:

(upon arrival home from school)
"Hey Mom! (hugs me) You smell good! Did you just brush your teeth? Is my soccer uniform clean yet?
(races out of the room)


Me: Henry, I have some bad news. There's no parade tonight because of the rain. But we will have your soccer game in the morning.
Henry: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Me: I know, I'm so sorry. But we will still play soccer tomorrow.
Henry: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! But you have to sleep before tomorrow!
Me: I know, but then you'll have energy to play if you sleep.
Henry: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I don't LIKE bad news! (goes to his room and shuts the door)


Henry: Mom, did you know about Abraham Lincoln? He was the FIRST president of the United States of AMERICA!
Me: Really? I thought George Washington was.
Henry: No, Mooooooom. (deep sigh) George Washington was the THIRD.
Me: Oh.


Henry: Mom, look at my drawing.
Me: I love it! Tell me about it.
Henry: This is the tree on the island in the water. This is the yellow guy running away from the bad, bad, mean SHARK.
Me: Oh. What do you call the shark.
Henry: Female.


No comments: