Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 3: Fly



Fly.

That song was all I could think of when I saw "Fly" for this challenge.

After my oldest child was born, of course THINGS changed, but the Quirky Things are what I like to think about about.
With Henry, I watched the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" every day and listened to Norah Jones.
After Svea, I stopped wearing dangly earrings (a BIG wardrobe shift) and wore clothes that didn't match. I also taught myself to quilt and listened to Ladysmith Black Mambazo.
After Corinne, I memorized "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and ate the #4 from the Chick-fil-A drive thru.

Regardless, I want to learn to play the violin. So I paid $15 a month for 2 years to buy this old one and can't wait to start fiddlin' away. I hope the kids want to too.

Fly, kids, in whatever way you choose...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like it. I think it is the quirky things that make things real... and when you really get to know someone. You know when you first meet people you try to keep the weird on the down low... but eventually if they past the test, you let yourself be you!

Terri said...

So, you're joining the bluegrass band...is that what you're saying?

I love all the changes that you identified with each child. That is so cool...you are way more aware of things than I am.

The Moore Family said...

Love it love it!