Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Conversations, 2/23/13

Corinne:

Corinne: Moooooom!
Me: Yes?
Corinne: Moooooom!!!
Me: Corinne?
Corinne:  (pause)  What? (with sassy tone)
Me:  Dude, you called me.
Corinne:  Oh.
silence
Corinne: Mooooom!!!!
Me: Yes?
Corinne: Moooooom!!!
Me: Corinne?
Corinne:  (pause)  What? (with sassy tone)
Me:  Dude, you called me.
Corinne:  Oh.
silence
Me: Yes?
Corinne: Moooooom!!!
Me: Corinne?
Corinne:  (pause)  What? (with sassy tone)
Me:  Dude, you called me.
Corinne:  Oh.
silence
Corinne: Moooooom!!!


Me: I'm going crazy...




(those Dental Disaster Teeth just never get old...)


Henry:

Henry: MOM!  Tonight when we were playing Flag Football we broke up into TEAMS and my team had to come up with a name!  And every name everyone else came up with was dumb!  So I said let's be the Ethoipa Eagles! And they thought it was great!

Me: Ethoipa? Do you mean Ethiopia? Like the country in Africa?

Henry: That's what I said.

Me: Are you thinking about Ethiopia because I said I would give you a dollar if you found Addis Ababa on the world map?

Henry: No. Yeah. Whatever. We were the Ethoipa Eagles. And we WON.




Svea:

I don't have a conversation to share from being with Svea.

She lives in the land of tulips and rainbows sprinkled with glitter. I want to simultaneously wrap her in bubble wrap to stay in my pocket and share her with everyone in the world.

To be around her is to forget your list of things to do, to experience laughter, to smell fresh cookies and to skip from one destination to another.
She is permission to just BE.

Here she is writing her most recent 4 page novel complete with color pencil illustrations, eating Club Mini crackers, and spreading small paper circles from hole-punching on the floor.



Happy Tuesday, y'all. May the conversations in your house be this blessed.




No comments: