Monday, October 16, 2006

Dry Spell

I've been in a dry spell with good photo opps lately...all the good moments have come when the camera was out of reach, or my moving to turn it on would spoil the magical moment of Henry sharing with Svea or Svea looking at Henry and cracking up laughing.

They have been playing together the last two days which I am trying to use to my advantage, but I am so in awe of the phenomenon, in addition to the overwhelming relief, that I don't know what to do.

Svea has fallen in love with her baby doll she got for Christmas which she lovingly called "Boogie" yesterday, but today calls "Buddy." That's right before she licks and bites the baby's plastic face. (Should I be telling people that?)

She has also decided that it is not okay for me to hold Henry or for me put on his shoes. Nor can I do a puzzle with him or read him a book.

Henry has decided that if I am holding Svea, he has to really sweetly ask me to put her down because, "it's time for a hug." The first 12 times he did it, totally melted my heart. So I would put her down and Henry and I would have a long hug. Now, we are doing more group hugs on the floor with everyone...and he seems to be not so interested in me when Svea crawls away too. Hmm.

We went to the library today and had to go upstairs, and with the stroller, that meant taking the elevator. Henry is still on the fence about elevators, he usually hates them, but after 4 rides he really liked riding the "alligator."

Svea is still staggering around occasionally, but not walking yet. She says "duck" and "Daddy" a lot.

Henry wakes up asking for his boots and socks and football and jersey. Then he sings the AL fight song all day. All day. I mean, all day.

That's the update for today. Better pictures in the future I hope. Hope all of you are well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, when I am on the phone with my mom (now granted, that's about an hour a day, but I don't LIVE with her), my sister will inevitably pronounce that it is "not LISA time, it is KATIE time." She's 18. Something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Hey Molls!
Just wanted to say hello! Your family is absolutely adorable! Hope this finds you all well and happy.
Love
Sara Coleman Nowell

iMollie said...

Sara - what's your email? Are you still in Oxford? So glad to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are in Oxford. We bought a house and moved in about a month ago.
sara.nowell@gmail.com
I just posted some pictures and will send them to you.