Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Way We Roll

In our house, everyone plays many roles. Even the toys.
The Lord of the Rings chess set, which once wore football helmets, now is learning the games of baseball, soccer, and hockey - all complete with bands for the halftime show and an audience.



Henry has been helping draw the various fields and rinks required for our multitalented chess pieces:



There has also been funny conversations around here as Henry continues to assert himself as the Leader Sibling and Svea counters as the I Don't Care Sibling.



I heard Henry tell Svea when I was out of the room, "Hush, Svea. That's just too darn loud."
(I have never said that phrase in my life)



Then Henry yelled in the car while eating a snack, "STOP. BITING. ME!" Then he looked at me calmly and said, "I was just talking to my mouth."



I looked up in the playroom and Svea was holding the Jesus Action Figure With the Moving Arms and sniffing his bum. She looked at me and said, "Jesus has a poopy."

Who's changing that one?



Henry was in Time Out the other morning (I'm pretty sure before 8am) for talking back to me and I asked him if he was ready to get up and be nice. He replied, "Yes, Mommy. I'm ready to stop talking to your back."

No comments: