Monday, November 05, 2012

My Wish For You

I truly wish for you the equivalent of the day I have had.

I needed some time to BE so I asked my local farmer J. Darby if I could come out to the farm and:

1. No one talk to me.
2. Be given an Accomplishable Goal with a beginning and an end.
3. That this Accomplishable Goal would have immediate results.


Pretty much I was asking for the opposite of Parenting.
I showed up and J. Darby showed me this:



Which after hours and some sweat and a rake and some ant bites and sore fingers, I turned into this:



Now it is ready for Kyle to plant lettuce!  In the winter!


It was like starting with Svea's room:


And ending with Henry's room:





I was right at home. In many ways. Including the ant bites. Ha.
Seriously though, I so hope that you have equivalent wonderfulness and order and beginnings and ends like I did today.  It does wonders.

3 comments:

kb said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a time in my life before husband and child when I quit a job without having another one. I took off to NC and asked my Uncle if I could muck the stalls for a week in his barn. It was the most cathartic thing I could do. I came back and took a part time job on a whim, it ended up being the career of a lifetime. I love that you knew what you needed and you knew who to ask to helo you get it. Namaste my friend! I enjoyed this post it was a helpful reminder.

iMollie said...

Thank you KB and Anonymous! Mucking barns may be my next great adventure...