Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lesson My Impact #1*



This is a bag of empty Colgate tubes of toothpaste, used Colgate toothbrushes, and the boxes they came in:

I got on the Google.
Then I got on www.terracycle.com.
Then I set up an account in the Colgate Brigade.
Then I clicked on 
 "Ship Us Your Waste"
Then Terracycle emailed me a shipping label.
I went to my email and printed out the shipping label and taped it on the (used) large envelope I found in the Used Envelope Place in the drawer. 

Turns out UPS has a store right by Publix!
And we were out of turkey and bread!
Dropped the old Colgate items to ship for free to Terracycle, then got my family some lunch meat.

Boom.


* For those of you grammar geekies out there, Hello I am one of you! I stressed over the use of Less, Lessen, or Lower for this post. Upon further reading about "measurable quantities of time and distance" and whatnot, I became clear that what I mean to say is that I want to have less of an impact on the environment and I want to lower the measurable quantities of my existing impact. I want to find the lesson in the lessen-ing (do you see what I did there??)   So lessen away, my friends. I'll join you in your efforts.

No comments: