Friday, November 16, 2007

Overhearing Henry in Our House

If you had been in our house the past few weeks, you mighta heard Henry say, "Mom. Look at my bum. It's cracked."



Or, while building with Lincoln Logs he informed me that now, after arranging the pieces carefully, he was ready to build his condoms.
(of course he meant COLUMNS)

On a recent trip to the library, Henry decided (amazingly) not to check out one of the many Airbud sports videos. He escalated. This time he picked out, "Kids who RIP: Youth in Action Sports" and on the cover is an 11-year-old boy doing a one-handed hand stand and holding his skateboard to his feet. It has kids (mostly boys) waterskiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, you name it. I'm gonna have to get me some more Tums.



Svea was more interested in the blocks at the library so I checked out "Zoes Dance Moves Starring Paula Abdul." She LOVES it. And thankfully, so does Henry.
Randomly through the day I hear him in the next room saying "single, single, double!" just like Paula does in her dance lessons. Then at dinner the other night Henry kept saying to Svea, "Hi! My name is Holla [meaning Paula, of course] and I loooooooovvvvvvve to dance!" and then Svea would say, "Holllllaaaaaaaaahhh!" It was awesome. I walked in to watch them repeat this conversation over and over and this is what I saw:



I'm not sure if it's all the dancing or the adventure sports, but on the way up the stairs yesterday Henry said calmly, "Mom, my back fell off."
Not real sure how that would happen, honey.

No comments: