Sunday, September 21, 2008

Auburn Lost Its Shoe!

At 4 am this morning, Brian and I were both awake so I decided to ask who won the Auburn v. LSU game. We got to see famous Aunt Brooke on ESPN Game Day that morning/afternoon:



(yeah, Brooke!)
but since I went to bed at 7 pm, I missed the game. Brian told me about Auburn losing and then about what that meant for the SEC, but he was interrupted by the squirrel trapped in our bedroom wall, who was the initial reason that we were awake at 4 am on a Sunday morning.

We listened to the squirrel (we hope it's a squirrel) dig and run, and maybe have some babies, before Brian moved to the guest room and I listened to Svea get up and start running up and down the stairs while Henry turned pages, studying player formations for football and baseball, in paperback books at the base of our bed.

Then Brian walked back in the room, Svea ran in the room, and Henry nested the baseball paperback into the football paperback and closed them so they looked like only one book.

Svea crawled up to cuddle with me, while Brian began to explain more about the Auburn-LSU game. I turned to Henry and said, "Auburn lost to LSU."
Svea overheard me (two inches from her face) and turned to yell at Henry (6 inches from her face) that, "Auburn lost its shoe!"

Henry stared at her and then held the binding of his football paperback so that the baseball paperback stuck in there fell to the floor. Then he looked at me, smiled devilishly and declared, "Look, Mom. The football book pooped it out."

Welcome to my world where everything is SEC football, poop, Cinderella, and squirrels.
COMBINED.



Some commentary NOT from I, Mollie:

Along those lines, I, Husband wants to point out that in the picture posted, Kirk Herbstreit wonders "What will we learn about the SEC today?" I, Husband is happy to report that what we learned about the Southeastern Conference can be summed up in the following 2 points:
1. Alabama is like completely awesome and a half.
2. Auburn is not.
Okay, 3 points:
3. Auburn is still not. And that is awesome.

7 comments:

iMollie said...

I just want to point out, actually remind, I, Husband that there is still no one, not one person, in his family who has ever graduated from the University of Alabama. In fact, almost everyone has graduated from Auburn or BSC. Just a fact. An awesome, awesome fact.

Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny! Thanks for the commentary on SEC football. I do not get much here in Detroit and miss it. Have a great day and thanks for making me laugh today.

love ,amy

Babs said...

okay, that post wore me out. time for my 2nd nap of the day.

Anonymous said...

I still don't understand why you see any need to connect football loyalties to academic degrees. That's like saying there can't be Christians in India, or Democrats in Alabama.

That is my logic, and I am sticking to it.

leta joy said...

How sad is it that I am totally jealous that you went to bed at 7 pm?

iMollie said...

Not sad at all, Leta. You just need 2 naps like Babs.

Team Avery said...

to: I, husband from I, cousin-
true that Auburn is like a lost child and true your fair team is going to crash into Auburn like a freight train but shouldn't we be more worried that you sound "like" a teenage girl - totally.