Monday, September 01, 2008

Things I Learned About My Dad (in therapy)

Not really MY Dad, but other people's dads and other people's therapy sessions.

One of my favorite writers, Heather B. Armstrong, aka Dooce, has edited a book of of essays. She wrote a few essays, her husband wrote a few, in addition to some other writers and bloggers. The first few essays made me start calling people to tell them to go out and buy the book immediately...then the middle few I wasn't as fired up about, but by the end I was so glad I had read it all and still wanted to recommend it. Especially to fathers I knew.

My sister gave me the book for my birthday this summer, right about the time Svea started stealing stuff off of my bedside table to put in her Little Things piles around the house. She also started reading my books. I think she really enjoyed this one.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am in the middle of this book and loving it too! Dooce is the bomb diggity...