Monday, January 30, 2006

Would You Like to Buy an "O"?

Before my siblings and I were even born, my dad watched Sesame Street.
He even memorized some of the songs and skits and can still act them out for you. In our house, we were destined to become Sesame Lovers.

So there is a skit where a dude says, "Would you like to buy an 'O'? It's round like a DOUGHNUT. It only costs a NICKEL."
and someone else yells, "A NICKEL?!?!?!?!?!"
and the first dude says, "SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"
and the second dude whispers, "a nickel?"
and the first dude says, "Riiiiiiiiiiiiight."

I have never seen this skit. But my memory of it is as precise as the phone number of the first house we lived in (328-2403) or watching my mom fry chicken in Crisco in our old kitchen. That's before she got all healthy. Anyway, I couldn't stop replaying that skit today in my mind when we were at the zoo looking at the otters.

Henry won't actually walk through this tunnel and watch the otters swim over and around him. I can't blame him, really. But he loves to stand at one end and look at Svea and me at the other end.

Henry can already say "doughnut" (and asks for them regularly when we are in the car) so I think he's almost ready for me to teach him this skit...

would you like to buy an "O"...

No comments: