Sunday, February 22, 2009

Noticing Neda's Week



1. Trees

After living in downtown Baltimore for 6.5 years, I still can't get over the luxury of a back yard with trees in it. Every morning when I get up, I come down to the sunroom and look out the windows, just to notice the view.


2. Tulips

On a similar note, all plants and flowers in our old apartment would die within 24 hours. Period. No matter how I would position them near various light sources, no matter how much or how little I watered them, they would die within one day. We've lived in our new house for one month so far, and our plants are thriving. I noticed the bright color of these tulips a whole week after my parents brought them over.


3. Fan

At each meal, I notice the reflection of our dining room light fixture in the glass bowl centerpiece, neighboring the similarly round and pale candle.


4. Mervis

Shortly after we moved in, Anis found a little mouse in our utility room.  I've never seen him, but I call him "Mervis" so that I'm less afraid of him.  We laid out mouse traps, and every day I notice whether or not we've caught Mervis.  We haven't yet.  I'm okay with it. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

tulips are my favorite and they are so beautiful I need spring now!