Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bored With It All

Thoughts from me, Mollie.

It took me four days to get geared up to do it, which is a luxury (to not have to think about my food, that is.)

So on Friday, I ate and drank in this order:

Cup of water
Black coffee
2 bananas
1 avocado
Mug of peppermint tea
An adapted version of this recipe in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, only using the onion, olive oil, chard and eggs.
Mug of peppermint tea
Two handfuls of cashews
Bowl of tortilla chips

Then for dinner I WAS going to have chicken grilled on the George Forman grill with salt, pepper and lemon squeezed on it, roasted asparagus and a baked sweet potato.
Honestly, by the time it came around to prepare dinner I was tired of thinking about food and preparing whatever so I did not eat my goal. But I had a goal. And it felt thoughtful in an irritating way to consider the ingredients of everything.

I appreciate this project, but I did not enjoy this as much as I hoped.

Some other thoughts I had through the day:
1. This takes so much time.
2. I would have to really change my lifestyle (time management, budget, hosting others, convincing the rest of the family to eat this way, etc.) if I were to keep this up on a daily basis.
3. I have a deep respect for individuals with food allergies and intolerances.
4. I am taking out the compost bin a lot today.
5. This affects my digestion.
6. I have more energy.


I do hope I think about this more and that it gets easier over time.

No comments: