Monday, March 02, 2009

One Meal Per Week

Thoughts from Amy:

I really liked the theme of this assignment. I was never able to fully participate in it, but it raised a sorts of questions for me and made me really think about what I am putting in my body.

About the only thing I eat that has less than four ingredients are vegetables and fruits - which made me really sad. I consider myself a pretty healthy eater but I felt like this project reminded me of the small ways in which I am not conscious about what I am putting my body. Also, trying to find recipes with ingredients of four or less things that have only items that have four or less ingredients was really difficult.

This assignment really caused me to think about where my food comes from and much of it has been processed. I am interested to see what others experience was with this assignment and am thinking about implementing to one meal per week this way to remind myself to be ever conscious of what I am putting in my body.

Thanks for inspiring awareness.

No comments: