Friday, March 06, 2009

Project Aware, Week 3

Last week, participants in Project Aware spent some time thinking about the the space around them.

This was their assignment, inspired by an activity in Julia Cameron's book The Sound of Paper: Starting From Scratch:

Cameron writes,

The truth is that a little self care can make finishing our creative projects much easier. This exercise is called Filling in the Form. It benefits a sense of well being. List 3 tiny, benevolent changes you could make in the following areas:


1. Your bathroom
2. Your bedroom
3. Your living room
4. Your kitchen
5. Your car
6. Your wardrobe from shoulders to top of head
7. Your wardrobe from shoulders to waist
8. Your wardrobe from waist to knees
9. Your wardrobe from knees to floor
10. Tools you use for your art


That's 3 tiny, benevolent awarenesses about 10 places in their lives.
If they didn't find 3 for each category, that was okay. It was about noticing, not even actually completing the list or the change they were thinking about.

Let's see what they came up with...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey, Mollie!

I've been lurking and reading your blog for a while now, and am just now getting back into posting regularly on mine. I think this Benevolent changes idea is AWESOME and just the kind of list I need. So, I'm going to steal this for a blog post of my own...

Thanks for the idea! I love all the wonderful stuff you come up with!

Also, that "4 things" challenge really made me think about what I eat. I had no idea Tostitos were so much better than, say, Chex Mix as far as being more natural. Cool!

--Allison