Friday, March 06, 2009

Tiny Benevolent Changes, III

Filling in the Form:

1. Your bathroom
1. A bud vase by the sink with a fresh-cut bloom in it.
2. A bigger shelf for my shampoo/conditioner/body wash items.
3. Much, much stronger water pressure.

2. Your bedroom
1. Artwork on walls.
2. Heavy curtains so that the room can be really dark during the day when I work nights.
3. The perfect scented candle. I'm still looking.

3. Your living room
1. A way to get our Persian rug to stop developing ripples on top of the underlying carpet.
2. A way to ensure that Nadya Suleman will never appear on our television screen ever, ever again.
3. Plants.

4. Your kitchen
1. A radio / iPod docking station so I can listen to NPR / music while I cook.
2. A constant supply of pomegranate juice and sparkling water.
3. A way to get rid of the bizarre smell underneath the kitchen sink. It was there when we moved in and I'm ready for a new, more benevolent scent.

5. Your car
1. Navigation screen.

6. Your wardrobe from shoulders to top of head
1. Awesome earrings. I just bought a pair in New York that I wish I could wear every day.
2. A bright pink scarf like the kind my aunt Diane has.
3. A hat that actually fits my big head. Seriously, my head is really big.

7. Your wardrobe from shoulders to waist
1. Tops that fit a bit better instead of being too loose or roomy.
2. In my fantasies, a ridiculously soft cashmere sweater by Loro Piana that I saw with my aunt Diane in Newport Beach -- it was a bright fuscia with bright orange trim and orange suede elbow patches. It would make you cry, it's so soft.
3. Chunky, statement necklaces.

8. Your wardrobe from waist to knees

9. Your wardrobe from knees to floor
1. New cotton trouser socks in black and charcoal grey.
2. No more high heels - they kill me after roughly 8.5 minutes, and then the whole next day I have lower back pain. Not worth it. I am old.

10. Tools you use for your art ---> (um, I feel the need to state that I have no art)
1. I'd like a new stethoscope, instead of the cheap model I use that says "Nexium" on it after I lost my last three stethoscopes. I feel like a drug rep groupie whenever I use it, and I'm a little embarrassed when colleagues eyeball it. Not that there's anything wrong with Nexium - it just doesn't need to be plastered on my stethoscope. It would be a benevolent change to have a pharma-neutral stethoscope.
2. A clean, new white coat that has my married name embroidered on it, instead of my infinitely longer maiden name. Plus, my white coats from residency are just gross, no matter how frequently or vigorously I wash them in scalding hot water.
3. The perfect pen. I'm still looking.

No comments: